Shop for Schools Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions set out the basis on which eligible schools and customers may take part in the Shop for Schools programme (“Programme”).
The Programme is open to all schools in the Mansfield and surrounding areas of the Four Seasons Shopping Centre, Mansfield (the “Centre”), that have been nominated in writing by the Centre, and which are among the first 30 schools to register with the Centre following the procedure specified by the Centre in paragraph 5 below.
The Programme will commence on Saturday 18th March 2017 at 9.00am and will end at 5.30pm on Tuesday 18th April 2017 (“Programme Period”).
Chance plays no part in determining the distribution of the rewards in the Programme. To gain points, customers may take their receipts to the Customer Service Desk in the Centre.
For every Pound spent on purchases by the customer during the Programme Period at the Centre, the customer will receive 1 point (in the form of a “Points Voucher”) which they may then place into their chosen registered school’s post box at the Centre (“Post Box”). The total purchase amount on receipts will be rounded up or down to the nearest Pound to determine the number of Points Vouchers given to the customer. For example, a customer presenting a receipt for a purchase of £2.50 will receive 3 Points Vouchers, whereas a receipt for £2.49 will equate to 2 points vouchers. Only Points Vouchers placed in the Post Box by the closing date and time qualify for consideration. The Promoter reserves the right to decline to issue Points Vouchers where it has reasonable grounds for believing receipts presented relate to purchases made by anyone other than the customer presenting the receipts or their immediate family.
Prizes will be allocated as follows:
Each participating school will be ranked according to the ratio of points that it has received by the end of the Programme as against the number of pupils certified on the school’s registration form (referred to in paragraph 5). (For example, a school with 1,000 points and 300 pupils has a ratio of 3.33). The school with the highest ratio is placed first in the ranking (and so on). If two or more schools achieve an identical ratio, their position (as against other schools) in the overall ranking will be determined as above, but amongst themselves, their ranking will be determined by reference to their respective pupil numbers (with the highest pupil number placing highest, and so on).
The participating school with the highest ranking will win a total of £3,000.
The second prize will be £1,000.
All participating schools will receive a ‘multi insect tower’ as a thank you for taking part.
9. The Promoter (at its sole discretion) reserves the right to promote ‘Bonus Periods’ at which time customers may receive multiple Points Vouchers for every pound spent during that period. Bonus Periods will be notified to participating schools via communication to school Head Teachers.
10. The Promoter reserves the right to issue ‘Bonus Points Vouchers’ for in-centre activities (an example may include school Easter activities). These incentives will be fair and equitable and will be notified to all participating schools in the same manner.
11. The Promoter reserves the right (at its sole discretion) to print Bonus Points Vouchers in selected media. This includes Bonus Points Vouchers in school newsletters or local newspapers, or on the Centre’s/local newspaper’s website. Any printing of Bonus Points Vouchers will be notified to participating schools via communication to Head Teachers.
12. Points Vouchers are not redeemable or transferable and do not have any cash value.
13. The Centre staff and their employees, and centre retailers and their staff or employees are not permitted to redeem receipts from their own store.
14. Copies of receipts or Points Vouchers are not accepted and will not qualify as part of the Programme and the Promoter reserves the right at its absolute discretion to disqualify claims that it considers do not comply with these Terms and Conditions.
15. The Promoter will not be responsible or liable for lost, stolen, mislaid or damaged receipts or Points Vouchers or for late or misdirected Points Vouchers, regardless of cause.
16. Receipts will not be kept by the Centre but will be marked with a stamp to indicate that they have already been used for the purposes of the Programme; they will be verified and witnessed by a Centre representative and returned to the customer with their Point Vouchers. It is then the responsibility of the customer to place these vouchers in the section of the Post Box belonging to the school they wish to support.
17. Liability for any tax and any other relevant costs and expenses which are not stated in these Terms and Conditions on any benefits or prizes provided to participating schools pursuant to this promotion shall be the sole responsibility of that school.
18. The counting of the Points Vouchers will be overseen by an independent observer who has no connection or involvement with the participating schools. These will be verified on a daily basis by a member of the Centre Management Team. The decision of the Centre Management (acting reasonably) will be final.
19. Winning schools will be notified by mail within 30 days of the closing date.
20. As a condition of participation winning schools will be required to participate in publicity as reasonably required by the Promoter. The Promoter may use the schools name, image and town or county of residence to announce the winner of this Programme and for any other reasonable and related promotional purposes.
21. In the event of circumstances beyond its control, the Promoter reserves the right to vary the conditions of the Programme at any time. If such action is required, the Promoter will inform the participating schools of any changes to the Terms and Conditions.
22. The ‘Promoter’ is Four Seasons Shopping Centre, Mansfield, Nottinghamshire, NG18 1SU.
23. Insofar as is permitted by law, the Promoter, the Centre and including their respective agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate any school, customer or third party or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused solely and directly by the negligence of the Promoter or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
24. If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these terms and conditions, the Promoter may, at its sole discretion, reserve the right to exclude any school or customer from participating in this Programme. Furthermore, the Promoter reserves the right to hold void, suspend, cancel, or amend these terms and conditions, the Programme and/or any Points Voucher where it becomes necessary to do so.
25.. The Programme and these Terms and Conditions are governed by English law and the parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of England and Wales.